What is Outplacement?
I've Been Given Outplacement - What is It?
In today's job market, restructure and workforce change is a regular part of day-to-day business and will affect almost everyone at some point in their career. Outplacement services are a common support provided by organisations to assist individuals during career transition and career change.
Employers who decide to provide outplacement services are not required to offer this support but choose to do so to assist their employees to move forward positively and on to new opportunities. This support is a strong indication of companies who care about their workforce and employer brand.
What You Can Expect from Outplacement Services & Support
Outplacement programs are designed to provide you with the practical support you need during your career transition. This may include assistance to:
- Identify Potential New Directions for the Future
- Build an Effective Resume that sells your experience and achievements to-date
- Develop powerful application letters and recruiter introduction letters
- Hone Your Interview Skills and Performance at Interviews
- Develop and execute a strategic job search plan
- Source and analyse market information to pinpoint employment opportunities and market hotspots
- Find and develop effective relationships with recruiters and other job search allies
- Write Your LinkedIn profile and Use LinkedIn for effective job search
- Develop strategies to build your professional brand and industry credibility
- Assess potential employment offers and devise salary negotiation strategies
Outplacement services may be one-to-one or group workshop depending on the program your employer has selected. Regardless of the program type, we will work with you to maximise the value of this support and to help you move forward quickly and positively onto an exciting new role.
In our one-to-one programs we customise each program to meet your needs and will structure the program content to align with your career priorities.
What You Should Know About Outplacement Services
- Outplacement services are fully paid for by the employer not you! This service is completely free to the participant and funded by the company.
- All participant information is absolutely confidential and WILL NOT be shared with your employer. The only exception to this will be if you give us your express permission to share your good news about gaining a new role or your experience with the program.
- Outplacement services and career coaches are different from recruiters. Whilst we don't specifically find you a job we will pass on leads or opportunities we hear about if they are suitable. We are not affiliated with any ONE recruitment agency but instead work with you to find the best recruiters to meet your needs.
- Outplacement services are not all the same. Today's outplacement services are very different to past models. Our outplacement programs are highly flexible and practical. You can opt to work with our coaches in person at our offices or via email, skype or over the phone. Our team will adjust your program to meet your needs and includes a range of specialists including our resume writing team who are continually researching latest job search trends, resume expectations and market changes to give you the maximum advantage in the marketplace.
Most importantly you should know that we care about you and your future, and our coaches will do all they can to help you during your transition to your next role or career opportunity. Talk with us today about how we can assist you.