Leaving the ADF? Move Ahead with Confidence
Award-winning Resume Team | Expert Defence-to-Civilian Career Coaches
Leaving a career in the Australian Defence Force is both exciting and daunting, but change is always easier with support. Our experienced career transition coaches and expert Defence resume writing team will work with you to go forward with clarity and confidence.
We can help you:
- Identify potential directions that may be a fit with your skills, values and goals
- Build a resume and LinkedIn profile that will sell your valuable background in civilian terms
- Identify your transferable skills and career achievements
- Prepare for interviews so you can sell your value proposition to employers and ensure interview impact
- Find latest market intelligence on high potential industries and labour market trends
- Source Defence-friendly recruiters and potential employers
- Develop a job search strategy aligned with what's working in the job market now
"The service I received from Outplacement Australia was outstanding. As a result of Outplacement Australia's high class job I was selected for interview within 24 hours of the first company receiving my resume and was subsequently offered the position in a market leading company with a higher than average salary."
Our Resume Team are Experts in Marketing Your Defence Career
Our team are experts in designing defence-to-civilian resumes and LinkedIn profiles that showcase the unique value and skills that you offer the commercial marketplace. During our one-to-one consultation process we work with you to identify your goals and to strategically craft a suite of materials that market you to employers in your targeted sector.
Your resume and LinkedIn profile will map your relevant skills in commercial terms and highlight successes and achievements that evidence your strengths and value. No matter what area of Defence you work in, we can assist you to move forward with confidence.
"Their professional writing team took the time to get to know me and were able to bring together all of my qualifications and experience in defence and transfer it into a professional resume tailored specifically to my desired career."
Our team is led by Australia's only Certified Defence-to-Civilian Resume Writer. Our writers have been recognised in the International Toast of the Resume Industry Awards, including in the Military Category. Contact our defence resume team today about how we can help you during your career transition.
Get Interview-Ready. Learn How to Market Your Defence Background
Our interview coaches are experts in modern behavioural interviewing and will make sure you are confident and can present powerfully in an interview. Together they will make sure:
- You know what to expect and how to respond confidently in current interview forums
- You are prepared and comfortable handling even the toughest of questions so you leave no doubt about your skills
- You can draw on invaluable fail-safe responses when you are faced with difficult questions or a mental blank
- You understand how to prepare and follow up so you leave a strong impression that invites second interviews
Contact us today about how we can help you get interview-ready.
"The career coaching sessions provided me with expert advice regarding where my strengths are and how I use those strengths within interviews and in my day-to-day work. I highly recommend Outplacement Australia for ADF transition services."
Find Your Next Career
Identifying your next career move is an important step. We can help you to iclarify what you enjoy, and which civilian jobs and industry sectors might be a good fit.
We are accredited in a range of highly validated career assessments. These can help you:
- Explore industry or job fit
- Determine what is important to you for career satisfaction
- Clarify what you need, to live your preferred lifestyle
- Complete the simple assessments while relaxing at home
- Work at your own pace in coaching sessions to explore the results
Contact us for more information on Career Directions Assessments and Coaching.